1. I love grapefruit juice. Straight, unsweetened grapefruit juice. Every once in a while I get a craving for it and it lasts until I can satisfy it. Like this weekend, for instance.
2. We are now officially Godparents of this adorable little boy!
3. I slept for 11 hours saturday night. I was exhausted (obviously).
4. The person who photographed the ceremony for us was shaky.
5. I worked on the Stora Dinum bottom up shawl on the plane. In about 4 hours of knitting I think I did 6 or 7 rows. Wow.
6. Jacob's maternal (maternal twice, I don't know how to say that) great grandmother is Scottish and admired my knitting, she also showed me beautiful 'Irish' (aran) sweater that she had knit. It was just gorgeous. It was really lovely fun to talk about knitting with her. A woman who has been knitting for at least twice as long as I've been alive, who made a Christening shawl for the baby out of the same pattern her mother had made her Christening shawl from, a woman who doesn't know that there is a online knitting community, and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference in her life if she did know. It was really something to have her admire my Swallowtail Shawl and socks in progress.
7. I successfully found and joined a CSA that has a pick up in Center City. It will start the beginning of June. I'm excited!! (It's Dancing Hen Farms in case any of you are interested.)
8. Check out Restaurant.com - where you can buy 'gift certificates' to local restaurants on the cheap - $10 for a $25 gift certificate, it totally rocks. And if you have Borders Rewards you can often get them even cheaper. It's a great way to try a new place or just save some money going. (Not an ad, no affiliation, it's just really cool.)
9. My hubby loves the bread from 'Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day'. (Not that I don't, he just eats more bread than I do.)
10. This week is the last week of class with my freshmen, so I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies to take in to them, I thought about it and it seemed like homemade chocolate chip cookies might just be the one thing they can't find in this fabulous city.
ETA: I was trying to prevent spam comments & accidentally made it so only typepad account holders could comment. I think I've fixed it now.